Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Belly Dancer

Illustration of my friend's poem:

Focus on me
Focus on my tiny light
Slip into a numbing trance
Watch me dance away the night

Observe the way my body sways
First to the right, then to left
Let me help you meditate,
Take away your pain and stress

Indulge in the heavenly scent
That I cast as I move about
My fragrance, absorbed in the air
Relieves your mind of heavy doubts

Stay fixed on my performance
My shifts from fast to slow
This hypnotic dance of mine will continue
For as long as you wish me to glow

When you decide that I may rest
Simply blow me out to dissipate
My fire, and let the smoke evanesce
Then put the candle away

Until then, focus on me,
The small flicker in this dark room
Take solace in the fact that I
Will always gladly dance for you

- Joshua White

No comments: