Friday, December 12, 2008

Success and Exhaust

I also have enough left over to put up my online shop which I will try to officially open and list items December 22, 2008. That way I can worry about that after finals and I am home to take my time with it. Also I can be able to get packaging and shipping items while I am hope.








Anyways, my many hours of hard work have definitely paid off! For many businesses right now it must be very difficult because of the current state of our country's economy. I am sure many shoppers are still trying to save their money while they shop for gifts. Hopefully my prices were set fairly well and the red-tag price cut sales seemed reasonable. Pricing work is extremely difficult to figure out, especially when you have to think about labor, materials, size, quality, etc about each piece. With this experience I have definitely learned a lot so far about business, and not just about pricing and selling. I learned about interacting with customers, presentation, display, the importance of working together and communicating better with others. There were just so many different aspects of the business to consider, and it was hard to think about how to work with everything and everyone. Also the stress from finals and homework assignments needed to get done added onto my huge amount of work load this week! Every bit of my time was being crunched down and I felt so bad for not being able to pay attention to a lot of other important things. My health, friends, boyfriend, house cleaning, fish, this website, and other things. I feel apologetic to anyone who I may have lost attention to. I don't mean to seem like I am forgetting you, ignoring you, or seem selfish. It's just a lot of things are happening this week that have been completely new to me to have experienced. Overall I am grateful for everything and I am glad to have so much support and care from others. I will try to be more attentive of what else is going on around me and attentive towards others. I understand I am not the only one with a lot of exhaustion lately, and I understand how everyone else has been busy too. I need to work on prioritizing, planing, and just managing time for everything and everyone.


So now I can actually try to sleep well tonight and work on finals tomorrow. (ugh) Pulling 3 all nighters this week and skipping meals is unhealthy. lol I'll be fine though, no need to worry ;D

No comments: